One of the guiding beliefs of the company is that the measure of the company’s success is the difference the company and its members make in the lives of people and the environment.
As part of its commitment to the community and the future, Wade Adams has embraced a dynamic approach to building sustainability policies that address social and environmental challenges. The company has made revolutionary progress in this initiative simply by ‘beginning at home’ and implementing changes within its own structure and activities.
With a workforce that comprise people from various developing countries, Wade Adams has inculcated an HSE culture that has empowered every employee with a mindset that they are responsible for the safety of their peers and themselves. Customized trainings and on-the-job advice have ensured the success of this initiative amongst all Wade Adams employees.
Acknowledging that many of the lower level employees who join the Wade Adams family are not well educated, the company has made special arrangements to provide basic English and Mathematics classes for employees as well as basic lifestyle changes that include availability and awareness of banking and use of ATMs, etc.
Gender & Culture Equality
Wade Adams consistently promotes gender equality by employing women in various roles. Moreover, Wade Adams also ensures a good balance of cultural diversity and currently has 40 nationalities working in its labour force. Cultural interaction is encouraged through social events and games such as cricket.
World Safety Day
While ‘Safety’ is a daily practice for employees at Wade Adams, the participation in the World Safety Day every year strengthens the company’s commitment towards its employees, clients and the society.
The company’s policies commit to sustainability initiatives through long-term strategic plans to establish environment protection and reduced use of natural resources by the company. Wade Adams fulfils its environmental objective within each and every construction activity implemented by the company and has taken several successful measures to protect, preserve and save nature.
- Recycling and reusing sewerage water by installing Sewerage Treatment Plants at our staff accommodation facilities has resulted in reduction to sewage disposal by 60%. This has reduced fresh water consumption by reusing the treated water for flushing toilets, low ended construction use and for irrigation purposes at H.H. Sheikh Maktoum Palace Gardens and also at various Schools owned by the Dubai Government.
- Recycling vehicle wash water by separating oil through Oil Skimmers has resulted in a reduction of 80% of fresh water use for vehicle washing.
- Remove Chromium from concrete batching plant waste water by installing Chromium plant and recycling the waste water for vehicle washing.
- Encouraging volunteering the Company has partnered with Dubai Municipality and Emirates Environmental Group (NGO) to participate in collecting and recycling wastes such as used papers, computers, and other electronic hazardous components.
- Participating in Dubai Municipalities campaign for “Clean the World”.
- Hazardous Waste disposal through approved agencies for used batteries, oil waste, tyres, paint and chemical drums, etc
- Monitoring fuel consumption for every equipment and vehicle to ensure high mileage
- Monitoring tyre usage to ensure use of longer life tyres and therefore reduced scrap saving on landfill area requirements.