Wade Adams Celebrates World Environment Day 2010
Wade Adams observed World Environment Day on June 5th and 6th. The General Manager re-iterated the company’s commitment to the environment and called on employees to promote and support environmental protection and sustainability in individual actions, company activities and encouragement of our subcontractors to support our initiatives.
With a theme of “Construction, Environment and Sustainability”, the Company organized several events to create awareness and promote environmental sustainability in construction.
- The creation of table-top environmental sustainable models by each project related to construction activities specific to individual projects.
- Training sessions were conducted on Ambient Air Quality monitoring and Noise Monitoring.
- Projects were encouraged to implement ‘waste minimization programs’ and observe zero waste days.
- Selected areas were targeted for volunteer “clean-up” programs, where over 200 cubic feet of waste was collected and sent for appropriate disposal.
- Tree planting was initiated
Awards were given out to projects for outstanding environmental initiative, highest number of environmental initiatives, outstanding contributor for environmental sustainability consciousness and outstanding worker for environmental contribution.